Monday, December 21, 2009

confession

Forgive me blogger, it's been 5 weeks since my last post (the Catholics will get that).  I really can't believe that I haven't blogged in 5 weeks.  I'm going to blame it on (1) the time of year, (2) work and, (3) my attempt at exercising.  I numbered my reasons because making lists always makes me feel better.  So...(1) This time of year is crazy with Thanksgiving, Connor's birthday and then getting ready for Christmas.  (2) Work has been mentally kicking my butt lately so I've been too tired to blog once I get the kids in bed.  (3) I say "my attempt" at exercising because I have been making an attempt for the last month.  I've been doing the treadmill and Wii Fit.  Some nights have been better attempts than others but I am doing something, which is better than the nothing that I was doing.  So there are my excuses for not blogging and here is my attempt to summarize the last 5 weeks...


We spent Thanksgiving at my dad and stepmom's house.  Carl ended up having the night off, which was a welcomed surprise.


Thanksgiving weekend brought the yearly WTHS men's soccer game.  Connor stayed for the whole game while the girls and I only stayed for about the first half.  The odd years (Carl's team) won again...for like the 7th year in a row or something ridiculously longer than that.  The even years are not representing.



We went to get our Christmas tree.




We celebrated Connor's 6th birthday with our gifts to him at home and a bowling party with family and friends.


We had fun decorating our tree.


The last five weeks also brought some milestones for the kids...

Connor was awarded Student of the Month for November.  The letter home said, "this selection is based on demonstrating considerate behavior, respect for others and good manners in an exemplary fashion".  He recieved a certificate and had his picture taken with the principal.  Needless to say, he was very excited and we are so proud of him. 

Emily took on potty training.  We were in Target one day and she saw Disney Princess underwear.  She asked to buy them and said she was going to use the potty.  I said okay and basically went along for the ride.  She made the decision and that was it.  She rotates between Disney princess and Tinkerbell underwear, which she likes to specifically select each day.  She also likes to change up her choices throughout the day, but that's okay...whatever works.  She's still wearing pull-ups at night but she's doing a great job.

Camryn had her 15 month well-visit.  She's now one pound away from Emily, in the 90%tile for weight (26 pounds).  She's 31 inches tall, which is the 75%tile.  Her language is taking off, her sleep continues to be great, she's funny, very affectionate, and just loves life.

No comments:

Post a Comment