Saturday, November 14, 2009

potty talk

Lately Emily has been into saying the words "Poop" and "Pee".  She'll randomly add one of the words to the end of a sentence like this, "Can I be done with my dinner pee?" or to the end of a song like this, "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down poop."  When this started a few weeks ago I initially ignored it.  After a few days I decided to explain to her that those were "potty words" and that the only time she should be saying them is when she's in the bathroom or during a diaper change.  It's actually very hard not to laugh when she says the words because it is funny but she'll immediately look at me so I have to make sure that I reinforce what I explained to her...they are potty words.  It's definitely diminishing but still popping up here and there.  Here are two recent examples:

Last weekend as we were getting out of the minivan to go to my nephew's birthday party, she asked me..."Mom, can I say poop and pee at the party?"  I responded no, to which she asked..."Can I say poop and pee in the bathroom at the party?"  So of course, I had to say yes.

And then tonight, two minutes after she went in her diaper she had this conversation with Connor:

Emily: (Walks up to Connor and points her butt at him) Do you want to eat my poop for lunch Connor?
Connor: (Appalled) No!
Emily: Why, did you already have lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment