Saturday, September 5, 2009

kindergarten orientation

Tuesday of this week was Connor's Kindergarten orientation. It's cool the way they do it...the bus picks up the child, and one parent gets to ride to school too. So Carl got that job and I met them at the school.




Connor met his teacher, waited in line and then after a quick high five and "have fun" from us, he went to the classroom and we went to a parent meeting with the principal. The whole thing was about an hour and we met up with Connor in the classroom for the last 15 minutes. It's kind of weird for me since I work there. I've been in his teacher's classroom dozens of times so I knew what to expect. It was surreal to see him sitting at a table in her room, at his assigned seat, with his nametag on the table. He handled the whole thing great, although he looked nervous. He was quiet, reserved...his typical reaction in new settings. I'm really looking forward to him being there, learning and experiencing new things. His first day is Tuesday the 8th. Carl will put him on the bus at 8:18 and I will be there in the main lobby greeting all of the Kindergarten students as he walks through the doors at 8:30. He thinks that part is cool, because no other parents get to do that. He asked me last night if, in school, he has to call me Mrs. Heil.

No comments:

Post a Comment