Saturday, May 15, 2010

first haircut

Last weekend Emily had her first haircut.  I seriously think she could have gone another three years without ever having a hair cut on her head but I had it done now for a few reasons (none of which was because she really needed a haircut).  First of all, I just felt it was time.  I mean, despite her hair looking like some 6 month olds I have seen, she is three years old and it was time to let her experience the excitement of going and “getting your hair done”.  Secondly, in everywhere but the length department it was looking like it needed a cut.  It was growing uneven and the ends were still that fine baby hair that seemed to be splitting and ending up just frizzy most days.  And the third reason…because I truly am hoping that with a fresh 1/4 inch off the ends, her hair responds by actually GROWING.

So…the haircut itself.  Em was excited and totally into it.  She told me that she wanted me to go first since I was also getting a cut.  When it was her turn, she sat so still.  It was funny because she would only move her eyes, like she was frozen.  It took all of five minutes.  My hairdresser, Dawn, put a little clip in her hair that had butterflies dangling off of it and we were on our way.  Emily’s favorite part is the clip and she has been wearing it everyday. 

May 2010 - Emily's first haircut (1) May 2010 - Emily's first haircut (3) May 2010 - Emily's first haircut (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment