Wednesday, May 5, 2010

em’s new room

It’s. Finally. Done.  Em’s room has been a work in progress since Easter weekend.  I had a few days off then so I started the project, kind of impulsively (for me).  I got some of the trim done and some of the existing stenciling painted over, didn’t have as much time as I thought I would and then the project sat when I had to go back to work.  Working full-time really interferes with this kind of stuff.  I really need to not work, you know, so I can paint rooms.

I typically paint at night, after the kids go to bed.  Obviously Emily sleeps in her room so that wasn’t happening.  After weeks of this literally eating at me…an unfinished, not even half painted, AND unorganized room, it made me sick.  So I took a sick day Monday and BAM…done.  I love it, yes I do.  I’m loving the bright pink now, which I wasn’t sold on.  I’m loving the green on the bottom (mostly because that was already there and meant less painting for me) and I’m loving the bright white chair rail that pops in the middle (also selfishly loving that because it was already there).  Okay, so basically I only painted the top half of the room pink.  There are still curtains to go up and some pictures that I want to hang on the walls, which I’m still finalizing plans for in my mind.  I’m either going to go with framing some of her finger painting or going to download some free art and frame that (awesome decorating idea courtesy of my cousin Danielle).  Until then, here’s her new room…

May 2010 - Emily's Room (1) May 2010 - Emily's Room (2) May 2010 - Emily's Room (3) May 2010 - Emily's Room (4) May 2010 - Emily's Room

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! It's so Em! (and I thought you were really sick... did you see my FB comment?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love it too...Tell Em that I am moving in with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! D...I was not feeling well. I decided to take a sick day and then took advantage of being home and painted rather than rested. Can't rest with the kids around anyway!

    Tracy...Em would love to have a room buddy but you may have to dress like a princess. ;)

    ReplyDelete