Friday, September 18, 2009

happy birthaversary

Our 11th wedding anniversary was last weekend...September 12th. It's exactly between my birthday, September 6th, and Carl's birthday, September 18th. So even though we're a year apart in age, we were the same age, 24, the day we were married. I've always thought that was cool. Since our birthday's and anniversary are so close together, we've always celebrated them together...whether it be one gift, one night out to dinner, or like this year...one cake.


Us, on our wedding day. I can't get over how young we look, which makes me realize how old I look now!

In addition to enjoying our cake last weekend, we also enjoyed our soccer! Connor's first game was Saturday. He's playing up a year, U7, but they still don't really win or lose. But, Connor kept score and told me that his team won the first game 2-1 and lost the second game 5-0. Carl's first game was Sunday. This will be our weekends now...soccer both mornings. And Carl gets in from work around 3 a.m. the nights before. Anything for soccer right?! Carl's game was a hike...Burlington Twp. It was nice weather though and Connor and Emily had fun passing the ball to each other. And, Carl scored two goals for a 2-0 win...yea Daddy!

Could the pinnies be any bigger?!

I love Cam's face in this picture. I was trying to get pictures of the girls watching the game but everytime I pull the camera out, Camryn gets ready.



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your wedding picture! And the celebrating part.
    And what is it these days with "no winning or losing". Um...isn't that the idea? I guess I'm old school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! I'm old school with you...I have to resist not asking "who won" because there should be a winner, right? Like this morning I said to Connor "I hope you win" and then quickly changed it to "I hope you have fun". Like Carl always says..."winning IS fun". I think maybe next year is the age they are allowed to win...can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Mr. Heil is too cute.

    ReplyDelete