Saturday, June 20, 2009

the past five days

This week flew by. It started with a change in routine for us. Carl's days off switched...they were Monday & Tuesday and now they're Sunday & Monday. His hours also switched, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. instead of 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Most people would think that's great because it's "normal" working hours but quite frankly, I hate it. 9 to 5 is really 8:30-7 for the most part so he hardly got to see the kids this week. When his ending time was 1 a.m., it was really more like 2-3 a.m. most nights but we were all sleeping so what did it really matter to us? He would just sleep a little later in the morning. I'm pretty good with change though...I vent to him a little, will blog about it now and then I'll be done. It is what it is.

So with the change came a new routine for me. Alone with the kids all day and trying to find fun and interesting things to do. Emily and Camryn are napping on opposite schedules these days so it is a challenge if I want to, or need to, get out of the house. Camryn naps from 10-12, Emily naps from 1-3 and Camryn naps again from 3-4 so if I want them to nap, we're pretty much home all day.

On one of the nice weather days, I cleaned out the garage and while I did, Connor and Emily found a slide hiding in the back.

They also found this toy bbq that makes bubbles. They had lots of fun with that and even though they played with it last summer, it was like it was a brand new toy.


And we had some not so nice weather so we had to be in the house on those days. During the thunderstorms, Connor and Emily cuddled. They are so love/hate these days...one minute they are yelling at each other and then the next minute they are hugging. This was a sweet moment between the two of them.


I bought them each a dry erase board at Target, which did keep them busy for quite some time.


And as usual, Camryn is happy doing anything. She decided that she prefers to play with a bag of Pasta Sides rather than her toys. Other things she prefers to her toys...cat toys, dirty shoes, fridge magnets, t.v. remotes, plastic bags, IKEA seat pads, window candles, and cell phone charger wires.


After I typed that, I realized how unsafe my house sounds for a baby! But the reality is, these are all things she finds while in her walker. I put her in there and she's on a mission. It doesn't matter how many of her toys I put on her walker tray, she goes for the stuff she shouldn't have. Luckily, I'm usually 10 steps ahead of her and quick to take something away. And when I need to do something for a few minutes, I just throw some puffs on her tray and I know I've bought myself some time.

Lastly, we had two fun outings this week...but sadly, no pics to go with. I was a slacker with the camera when we went out. We met my friend Matt, his wife Page, their kids Logan and Alex, and Matt's parents at Friendly's one night for dinner. We were supposed to go to the park first but the weather didn't cooperate. Matt and his family were here visiting his parents...he lives in Illinois. He's my oldest and dearest friend and it was so great to see him. And today, we went to Cambelle's 3rd birthday party (my cousin Danielle's oldest). The kids were very excited to go, had fun, played nicely and most important to them, got to eat cake! Seriously, all they talked about was cake on the way there.

1 comment:

  1. PHEW! Thank goodness I had cake... I'm glad they had fun and it was nice to see you... we need to get together ASAP! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete