Wednesday, November 26, 2008

giving thanks

Today was Connor's Thanksgiving Feast at preschool so I got to stay for about 20 minutes to hear him sing Thanksgiving songs. Before the last song, the teachers asked for volunteers to raise their hand and say something that they were thankful for. (And the teachers were sure to remind the kids that they were not allowed to say "toys" because everyone knows they're thankful for them). I really was surprised when Connor's hand went up right away...he usually doesn't speak up in a large group. The three kids before him that were called on said, "my car", "my house", "my brother". When Connor was called on, he said, "my mom and dad" and then he looked at me with a huge smile and gave me the thumbs up. It was a wonderful moment that brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful that I am a parent. Being a mom is truly the most important and rewarding job I will ever do in my life.

Connor as a Pilgrim at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment