Thursday, November 13, 2008

emily

Emily is 20 months today so I decided to let her have the blog to herself. So in honor of her milestone, here are 10 things that I love about Emily:

1. She loves Little Einsteins. She could watch it all day. At various times during the day, she says, "Conduct with me!" and when I say something we're going to do, i.e. "Let's go upstairs", "We're leaving", "Time for breakfast", etc...she says, "On a mission!"

2. I have Emily wear the footed PJ's in the winter. All I hear from the time I put them on until she goes to bed is, "Fix...fix...fix!" The feet bother her and her new thing is the zipper apparently isn't to her liking either. She recently started unzipping her PJ's while saying, "Take jacket off."

3. When I look as though I'm leaving, even if it's just to go upstairs or to the bathroom, Emily says, "Follow Mommy!" and she says it with such a sense of urgency.

4. Em's new phrase that I hear all day long is, "Watch this Mom." And she actually wants me to watch something that she is about to do.

5. When something is explained to Emily, she says, "Oh" in a way that conveys the message, "Okay, I understand now...thanks." It's like she's 25.

6. Emily likes to carry things around the house. She'll carry stuffed animals, baby dolls, Little People, magnets from the fridge, game pieces such as Candyland cards and figurines, checkers, cars, the list could go on and on. She always tries to carry more than she can actually hold, which most of the time causes a downward spiral of her dropping things, getting frustrated, trying to pick them up, dropping them again, getting more frustrated, etc., etc.

7. She will not leave the house without Bunny, Hopper and Mouse (who is really a bear).

8. Emily likes to ask and then answer her own questions. She'll say, "What was that" and then tell you what it was. So if she hears the cats running around she'll say, "What was that...Colby." "What was that" also means "Who was that" so after she sees someone she'll say, "What was that...Uncle Rich".

9. She tells herself "Good job" after she does something.

10. A new skill of hers is to ask for help. This is a great thing. Instead of going quickly into hysterics, as she often did when frustrated with something, she is now saying, "I need help". This has been on the rise recently and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment