Friday, September 3, 2010

first haircut

Camryn had her first haircut last week and it was somewhat spur of the moment.  I say “somewhat” because I have been telling her all summer that she needs a haircut and she has been telling me “no” on going to get one.  My plan was to take her when the timing was right, which basically meant that I would just keep mentioning it every chance I got and wait for the one time she said yes instead of no.  That one time happened last Sunday and I jumped on it.  Conditions were perfect.  It was late morning.  Breakfast was done.  It wasn’t time for lunch.  We had no plans.  I said, “Hey Cam, want to go get your haircut?” and she said, “Yes”!  It probably helped that I threw something in there about cool chairs to sit in and getting a lollipop.  (I really focused on the lollipop part). 

So Camryn and I headed out to Kids Kuts and she did great!  She picked the princess car chair, sat very still, smiled and she was done in no time. 

 August 2010 - Camryn's first haircut (2) August 2010 - Camryn's first haircut (3) August 2010 - Camryn's first haircut (4) August 2010 - Camryn's first haircut (1)

I think the actual hair cutting took two minutes.  She got down, checked herself out in the mirror, picked a lollipop and we went home.  She got a “first haircut” certificate and an envelope of some hair.  I kept telling her what a great job she did and she couldn’t stop smiling.  My last first haircut experience was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment