Sunday, July 4, 2010

school's out...kind of

School (for Connor) and work (for me) was officially done on June 23rd. I, however, still have work to do. Paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork and unfinished case management responsibilities that has unfortunately meant that I have been back at work for a few hours per day. But, it's still summer and there is something to be said for not having to set an alarm for 5:30 a.m. and not having to be somewhere by a certain time. I have to admit though, my workload has been looming over me this past month because I knew that it was going to be an impossible task to get it done by the last day of school. I was hoping for July 2nd. That has passed. Now I'm hoping for July 5th to be my last day. We'll see.

I was going to post about the kids' outside water fun and trip to Storybook Land last week but I'm realizing that it's too late for me to do this and I should already be asleep. I'm actually only up because I have do-it-yourself, firework-shooting neighbors who keep waking up my kids. Thank a veteran, be grateful for your freedom but please, don't shoot off fireworks in your backyard. They're illegal, and they're annoying to all of the people who have animals and small children. July 4th...bah humbug.

Next post..."summer fun has begun".

No comments:

Post a Comment