Saturday, July 10, 2010

our week

Monday was great.  Reason #1: Carl was off.  Reason #2: We met Dave, Gina and the kids at the Pitman parade.  Reason #3: We had the traditional July 4th BBQ went to Friendly’s for dinner and ice cream.  Reason #4: We went back to Pitman for fireworks.  Connor and Emily kept telling me it was “the best day ever”.

July 2010 - July 4th (2)

July 2010 - July 4th (8)

July 2010 - July 4th (9)

July 2010 - July 4th (10)

July 2010 - July 4th (12) July 2010 - July 4th (14)

July 2010 - July 4th (15) I have to admit that the picture above is actually a “pretend you’re looking at fireworks” picture.  I wanted a picture of them watching fireworks but knew it would be hard to capture once the fireworks actually started if the kids reacted to the noise.  It was Carl’s brilliant idea. 

Tuesday, another fun day.  We went to our nephew Andrew’s 4th birthday party.  Despite the 102 degree weather, the kids had a great time outside with the petting zoo and pony rides.

July 2010 - Andrew's Party (1) July 2010 - Andrew's Party (2) July 2010 - Andrew's Party (6) July 2010 - Andrew's Party (7) July 2010 - Andrew's Party (8)

July 2010 - Andrew's Party (9) July 2010 - Andrew's Party (10) July 2010 - Andrew's Party (11) July 2010 - Andrew's Party (12) July 2010 - Andrew's Party (15)

Wednesday, Connor swam on his own for the first time.  This really deserves its own blog title so I won’t get blogger-mom-of-the-year for that.  It was his 4th lesson and at one point Skylar (his teacher) threw the kickboard across the lane and told him to swim to it…and he did!  Then she had him floating on his back and she let go and told him to kick his feet to the rope…and he did!  He was so excited and I was so proud of him (and secretly really glad that he wasn’t the boy in the next lane over crying and screaming when his teacher tried to get him to swim with a noodle). 

Thursday, we started our summer music class and were pleasantly surprised to see Nicole, Emma and Maddie in class with us.  They are cousins of my cousin Danielle’s husband Jeff (I know, confusing)…point being that we see them at all of Danielle and Jeff’s functions so the girls know them too and although they didn’t show their excitement during music class, it’s all Emily talked about on the way home.  She kept saying things like, “I can’t believe Emma is in my class” and “Mom, isn’t it funny that Emma is in my class”.  I kept reminding her that she has a little sister Maddie too…and that she was there and then Cam would chime in “yeah Maddie too”.  It was cute.  Emily wants to know where Cambelle and Chloe are though…but we’ll let Aunt D off the hook since Kenna is only one week old. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I so wish I was in your music class too. ;( I was even thinking of joining for the rest of the summer but then I reminded myself I have a newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, we wish you were there too, but we'll let you slide. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happy we're in music class together :) Emily and Camryn are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicole...Emma and Maddie are cuties too!

    ReplyDelete