Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ocean city

My dad and stepmom rented a house last week in OC so I took the kids down Thursday and came back Friday night. Since Harrah's Chester was getting ready to open their table games this past Sunday, that meant that there was no way Carl could take any vacation days to come with us. Today he is actually working his 7th day in a row and it's been very long hours each night. We missed him in OC but the kids really enjoyed themselves.

Highlights from our two days:

The rides.  Wonderland Pier is awesome although I really think they need to go to a band system because using the tickets gets old.  Connor and Emily loved the Caterpillar roller coaster.  Since there is only one of me, I sat with Emily and enlisted Aunt Amy to ride with Connor.  He gave her very clear instructions on exactly how she should place her arm around him for his safety.  Camryn loved the cars that whip you around the turns and the carousel.  I couldn't talk Connor into riding the flume with me. He said he'll do it next year.

July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (2) July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (4) July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (6)

The sleeping over.  We all slept in the same room.  It took the kids about an hour to settle down because they were so excited to be sleeping in a new place and in the same room.  They kept laughing and talking to each other.  It was a room with twin beds so Connor took one, Emily took the other, I put a pack n' play in the middle of them for Camryn and I slept in a sleeping bag on the floor. We went to bed late and woke up earlier than usual.

0715102245a

The beach.  Connor couldn't wait to build a sandcastle, although I don't think he was as excited 10 minutes into it when he realized that building one with mom was nothing like building one with dad. I don't think I met his expectations.

July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (22)

He abandoned me pretty quickly to go sit with Grandpop down by the water.

July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (30)

Emily wanted nothing to do with the ocean. She wouldn't even stand on the wet sand that was further up from where the water actually reached. 

July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (11)

Camryn loved the ocean.  She wanted to stand by herself and got knocked down a few times.  She kept saying, “Don’t hold me” and “Don’t help me”.  Miss independent.

July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (16)July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (18)July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (17)July 2010 - Ocean City Trip (29)

No comments:

Post a Comment