Saturday, August 22, 2009

big brother junkie

I can't get enough of Big Brother. For those of you living under a rock (or just not into reality t.v.) it's on every summer on CBS. I've watched it from season one when Will blazed a trail with his lies and "showmance". It's like Survivor, without the awful living conditions. I think the attraction for me is that it's like a social experiment and I love that stuff...human behavior at its best (and worst). I like to see how people act under pressure, if they're real or fake, caring or self-centered, if they're into their looks, if they're confident, intelligent, have their wits about them...or do they totally lose it at the drop of a hat. There are heads of households, nominees, vetos and evictions...and the winner gets $500,000 by way of a vote from the people who were voted out. Summer television entertainment doesn't get much better than this.

There are two downsides: (1) The viewing schedule is three nights per week. Two of the nights it's on at 8 p.m. and one night is 9 p.m. Getting the kids into bed by 8 p.m....no way, not during the summer. (2) We don't have any of the perks that would allow us to watch the show on the nights that it airs or see all the extra footage, i.e. no DVR, Showtime 2 or the Live Feed. I know, I know...poor me right? Thanks goodness for 'On Demand'. But, when my aunt sent me this link to constant, real-time updates, I officially became a Big Brother junkie. People who get the live feed actually sit at their computer and type everything that is happening and being said. There seem to be a handful of them who take turns posting. A part of me is like, do they not have a life? What losers...they watch the live feed and then type it all out for people who don't have the live feed but the other part of me is like, yes...this is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. It is a great update site, the first year it was up the live feeds were free. It was the first year of Big Brother, I was hooked. I refuse to pay for live feeds, plus you are right way too much time to sit and watch that. Plus I hear they go to the front of the house when cbs really doesn't want you to see something live. I am not always patient and want to know who was nominated right away. This week checked to see who was hoh before going to bed that night. It's from me aunt pat, not bob

    ReplyDelete