Tuesday, June 30, 2009

outsmarting him

I ordered a pizza for dinner tonight because I wanted to color and play longer. I also avoided the what-to-make-for-dinner decision because I knew Carl wasn’t coming home after work (he had soccer training). Em was jumping for joy but I knew Connor would protest. I’ve figured him out. He claims to not like pizza but I don’t even think that’s possible. I mean, who doesn’t like pizza, seriously. When I say that I’m ordering a pizza, he’s quick to tell me that he doesn’t like it or want it. He never disappoints. So this is what I have learned to do…I respond to him by saying, “You don’t have to have pizza if you don’t want to, I’ll make you whatever you want and Em and I will just have the pizza…no problem.” Nine times out of ten he decides that he wants the pizza. Every once in a while he calls my bluff and I have to make him chicken nuggets, but the other times, it’s totally worth the risk because I know that I outsmarted him. Yes, I know he is only five, but there is some satisfaction in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment