Thursday, May 28, 2009

new deck

Deck construction has begun!

We're getting a deck and I'm so excited (and excited is not a word that I use often to describe the way that I feel)...but we've been in our house for 8 and a half years and I'm tired of looking out at nothing and doing nothing in the backyard. All that is going to change now! With the addition of the playset a few weeks ago, an adjacent play area that is still being designed in my head and the deck, we are going to be hangin' out there a lot and I can't wait. Of course, Connor and Emily associate "deck" with pirate ships so they think it's being built for them to play pirates on, as they keep telling me. I guess I better get out and get them some pirate gear or I'll be walking the plank matey! (I know, I'm a dork).

2 comments:

  1. That IS exciting! Think of all the things that come along with a deck...sitting out on it, BBQing, get togethers. It sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete