Friday, May 8, 2009

bedtime conversation

I wish I could record so many of the conversations I have with my kids. Like today, Connor asked me if bees and wasps go to hell to be with the devil. What?! I didn't even know that he knew what hell and the devil were. When I asked, he told me that he heard of them in a Rodney Atkins song (country musician). Rodney does have a song called "If you're going through hell" and he mentions the devil but ironically, the song isn't about hell or the devil at all. I guess I really need to screen his music choices better. So, onto my bedtime conversation with Emily tonight:

Em: Mom, I have a question idea for you.
Me: You do? What's your question idea?
Em: You need to use your magic wand and poof me into a snowball.
Me: I do? But I don't want to turn you into a snowball...I like you just the way you are.
Em: (Laughs) Yeah, I'd be too freezing cold.
Me: So why do you want to be a snowball?
Em: To roll down the steps and you not catch me. (She fell backwards down the steps a few days ago but I caught her just in time).
Mom: Oh, so if you fall down the steps again and you're a snowball then I won't have to catch you?
Em: Yep. I just roll roll roll to the bottom.
Mom: Okay, good reason to want to be a snowball.

The stuff they come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment