Wednesday, April 15, 2009

here comes the sun

(I'm singing the Beatles)...Here comes the sun, little darlin', here comes the sun and I say, it's alright. Well, it's NOT alright. The sun is coming up way to early these days and when the sun comes up early, the girls get up early. The birds start chirping around 5:15 a.m. I can hear the birds through the kids' monitors and outside my bedroom window so it's like a concert...an early morning concert that I did not buy tickets for! I can see light outside at 5:45 a.m. Are you serious?! Between the birds and the slivers of light coming through the sides of the shades, Emily thinks it's time to get up. Camryn does too, but at least she'll hang out in her crib forever. Emily stands up and wants out immediately. "You ready to get out Mom!" is what she yells. I've tried to talk her into laying back down but she usually says, "You want to lay in Dad's bed with you and watch something" (I don't know why it's "Dad's bed" by the way).

So, I bought room-darkening curtains to put over the room-darkening shades because I'm hoping if I cover the sides where the light is peeking through, that will do the trick. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. That is funny - I feel completely the opposite! I get up at 4:30 to workout and its nice to have it light out while I run, instead of it being pitch dark out!!
    You should move here - for about 8 months a year, its dark all day long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4:30 a.m. to run? You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete