Saturday, March 7, 2009

7 months old, 6 months stats

Camryn will be 7 months old tomorrow and although I meant to blog when she turned 6 months, I never got around to it. She saw the pediatrician for a well-visit last month so her stats are a month old, and at the rate she is growing they've probably already changed. The girl is big. I call her chunky monkey and, although I'm not proud to admit it, I also call her fatty. I will stop that soon.

So, at six months, Camryn weighed in at 18 pounds 4 ounces, which is the 90%tile for her age. To put it in perspective, at six months Connor weighed 17 pounds 8 ounces and Emily weighed 16 pounds 6 ounces. Carter's says that's a size "9 months"; Old Navy says that's a size "6 to 12 months"; Target (Circo) says that's a size "9 months" and Children's Place says that's a size "12 months". I say it's a size "large and in charge". I do love her legs...they are solid. Her height was 75%tile; 26 and a half inches.

Developmentally, she's doing everything she should be doing. She's well into solid foods now, her favorites are pears, prunes and sweet potatoes. She's not a big fan of baby cereal. I've been trying the juice cup but she doesn't know what to do with it yet. She just laughs at me when I put it in her mouth. She's a great sleeper thus far. She goes to bed around 7 p.m., gets up for a bottle around 5 a.m. and then goes back to sleep until about 7-8 a.m. For the most part, she is taking two naps now but needs a third some days. When not sleeping or eating, she is very content doing anything. She'll sit on the floor and play with toys, cruise around in her walker, hang out in her ultrasaucer, and she likes the swing and johnny jumper. She watches Connor and Emily constantly and they are very good with her. She also really enjoys music. Camryn seems to always be smiling.

She's has a follow-up appointment with the Orthopedic doctor on the 11th to take another look at her feet (see previous December post "Metatarsus Adductus"). I'll blog an update about that next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment