Friday, February 13, 2009

princess emily

When she was born, Emily received a beautiful dress from my friend and co-worker, Kandie. Since it was size 24 months, it has been hanging in her closet waiting for her. When she gave it to me, Kandie told me that every little girl should have a princess dress. I don't remember having one. In fact, I don't think I have any pictures of me in a dress when I was little. Instead, my parents dressed me up in plaid pants...plaid 70's pants, jeans and corduroys. Funny, because as an adult I prefer the same...the jeans and corduroys, minus the plaid pattern...unless it's on a sofa or curtain. Anyway, back to the dress.

Emily spotted it not too long ago in the closet and said, "You put your princess dress on Mom!" ("You" and "Your" means "I" and "My" because she has the typical incorrect pronoun usage thing going on). So I got the dress out and she has been wearing it almost everyday since. Carl even had to put her in for a nap with it on because she "refused" to take it off. She even wears it over jeans and with sneakers. I'm thinking she'll officially wear it for her 2nd birthday party next month. I better pick up some pretty shoes to match!

I think Em was going for the Amish look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment