Thursday, February 26, 2009

future career: chef or interior decorator

When the kitchen closet opens, no matter where she is, Emily comes running. She has radar for it. When the door squeaks, I know that Emily will be there within moments. She likes to browse the shelves that she can reach, pick out a snack and then take it into another room to enjoy. We have a device on the doorknob so that she can't open it herself. If we leave it open, even just a little, she is sure to be in there looking for something. Most of the time, we don't even see her take the food. Like below, I didn't know she was all set to enjoy some peanut butter and crackers until I spotted her sitting in the family room. I'm not sure how she was planning to spread the peanut butter on the crackers, but I'm sure given enough time she would have figured out something!



When I found Emily in the foyer I couldn't pass up the photo op. I've heard of kids coloring on their walls and I've always wondered how that happens. I mean, don't parents supervise their children for goodness sake? And I only found her because she said, "You painting Mom...you making it green." I realized right away that she wasn't sitting with the coloring book that she had been sitting with just moments before. And then I saw her peek out from behind the foyer wall. I didn't have the heart to really scold her because she was so proud of her "painting". As soon as I took the pictures, the colored pencil was confiscated and she was told that her decorating needs to be on paper only.



No comments:

Post a Comment